I am a self-professed foodie. I pour over food blogs and websites daily. I am an Elite Member of Yelp and I met my boyfriend of two years on Foursquare over a dining review. When traveling, I seek to immerse myself in the site and sounds of the country and love to savour the cuisines. Since traveling and living on Bonaire, I have discovered some sublime culinary treasures. Today, I will reveal my top 10 dining favorites. I assure you, they represent the best tastes on island. Let me know if you approve.
1. Pasta 007 at Capriccios- homemade pasta, light tomato sauce and delicate pieces of fresh local fish, tasty shrimp and fresh spices. Each forkful tantalizes your taste buds. I also want to add one more dish, the Carbonara. My daughter’s chef boyfriend professes it is delicious. This restaurant has the best wine list on island. Ask Lola to make a recommendation. Oh, Pasta 007 is not on the menu, you have to ask.
2. Tarte Tatin at Bistro de Paris – light pastry and fresh apples with whipped cream, ahhh. This dessert brings much delight to my palate. Scoop up the sugary sauce and drizzle over the lovely apple treat. The marina view location is perfect.
3. Tres Leche at Mi Banana- oh so decadent and oh so lucious. Sweet, milky cake with cream and sugary bliss. This dessert is house made so don’t miss it. Mi Banana features Columbian fare in a friendly, laid back atmosphere.
4. French Fries and BBQ at Bobbejan’s- What’s so special here? Crispy, salty fries and the fragrance of BBQ sauce that wafts through Kralendijk. Weekends only, this spots packs ’em in due it’s reputation for the best BBQ on island. My daughter loves the ribs!
5. Bami and Sate at Mati’s – this Surinamese hole -in- the wall next to Flamingo TV, serves up the best Bami, a flavourful noodle dish with grilled chicken sate with peanut sauce. Lunch only! Try the Roti, a Surinamese version of a burrito.
6. Fresh Salads seaside at Hang Out Bar – It’s hard work, sunning at Jibe City. When I crave some food, I leave my ocean view beach chair, cross the sand in my itty bitty bikini and plop myself in one of the seaside tables and enjoy a colorful, delicious fresh salad. My favorite is the Greek, chock full of tangy Feta. The sangria is the best on island
7. Pizza at Blue Garden Brazilian Grille and Pizza Gourmet- made in an iron pan, served hot, the blend of unusual flavours thanks to unique spices makes this pie awesome. While waiting, enjoy a house made Caipirinha. Divine!
8. Ceviche at Rum Runners- ask for the Lover’s Table and dive into their light and fresh seafood ceviche loaded with lime, Scotch Bonnet Peppers and cilantro. Oh so good. They have really good pizza as well and always, fresh local fish.
9. Fish Tacos at Wil’s Restaurant- Fresh fish is the order of the day, prepared with love. Enjoy the serene garden setting and be prepared for a memorable dining experience. Chef Wil samples cuisines from around the world and brings an exciting menu to his tables. Enjoy!
10. Tuna Two Ways at At Sea- Chef Rick is one of the island’s most creative chefs, no doubt. I love the Tuna Tartar and the Tuna Tandoori. The flavours are incredible. Grab a high top by the bar for an intimate dining experience. The Chef’s 4 course menu with a wine pairing is memorable.
11. I know, I already shared 10 but I simply had to add the fresh sashimi at Kite City Food Truck. First off, the guys are super sweet and super handsome, second, you eat smack dab in the sand, seaside and three, the fish is fresh and wonderful. Located at Te Amo Beach across from the airport, go here! When you are done, hop in the sea for a nice snorkel sesh.
When booking your vacation I offer free individualized Concierge Service, so call today. I love sharing my passion for the island and welcome the opportunity to plan your escape.